Evergreen Living – Home:

favicon2The Government is under constant pressure to boost the country’s green credentials.

Bold promises have been made – like all new homes being net zero carbon, from 2016 – and bold initiatives are required to keep those promises.

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is now needed whenever a new property is built or whenever a property is either sold or rented.

Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) and Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) have been created to measure and evaluate how buildings – residential and commercial, respectively – perform from the perspective of energy efficiency and environmental impact.
Measured against carbon emission targets to establish whether the building complies with the relevant regulation, SAP and SBEM results matter.

And they’re mandatory.

At Evergreen Living, we are specialists in the provision of energy consultancy services for both residential and commercial buildings.favicon2

We know that many of our clients are passionate about the environment. And with our commitment to best practice in all aspects of energy consultation, we share that passion.

And yet we also understand that, for some of our clients, gaining environmental compliance adds an unwelcome element of bureaucratic complexity. So, for all of our clients, we offer a professional service that helps them to meet their obligations with the minimum of fuss.

Our director – Steven O’Brien – is Bedford-based, but we have a network of highly skilled colleagues who can deliver a nationwide service for EPC, SAP/SBEM, Air Pressure, Ventilation and Sound Testing.


Our particular areas of specialism include:

The conversion of existing buildings – often commercial, originally – into residential dwellings

Whole house SAP calculations for highly-glazed extensions that are integral – not a conservatory, for example, that can be closed off with external quality doors from the main dwelling – because projects like these need to prove compliance with Building Regulation Part L1b

We can also offer expert advice regarding the types of scenarios where Air Pressure and/or Acoustic Testing are likely to be mandatory. Building Regulation Part L, for example, relating to air pressure, is mandatory – to demonstrate air permeability – if a value of 14m3/hm2 or less is used in the SAP calculation. And, in commercial buildings, testing is mandatory for buildings over 500m2 which have a target of less than 15m3/hm2. Building Regulation Part E, relating to Acoustic Testing, is mandatory – to demonstrate the achievement of noise ingress targets – in adjoining residential properties. Some commercial buildings need to be tested, too. And building control may request a test certificate, where appropriate.

Evergreen Living Services – Click Here To Find Out More


All content on this website is the copyright of Evergreen Living Limited. But, if you’d like to share it, please drop us a line

Steven O’Brien

Office:     01234 834809/8
Mobile:    07870 634918
Web:       www.evergreenliving.co.uk
Email:     steven@evergreenliving.co.uk 

Suite G33,
Bedford I-Lab,
Stannard Way,
Priory Business Park,
MK44 3RZ.

Steven O'Brien in Bedford, Bedfordshire, UK on Houzz